Neighbourlink or Google Reviews?
Will it improve your online presence? Which one should you focus on?
Both Google business reviews and Neighbourlink are solid choices with a long history in the business.
Both of them are influential. But which one is the better choice?
Google Reviews Pros.
- Being listed in Google My Business helps your Google Rankings.
- Google Reviews are normally displayed higher on the page results than Neighbourlink.
- Free for business owners.
Google Reviews Cons.
- Less views than Neighbourlink.
- Not as easy to navigate and find particular business listing on Google Reviews.
- Not as easy to dispute inaccurate reviews.
Why we don’t’ recommend places like Yelp and TripAdvisor.
- Accused of pressuring businesses to pay for better reviews to be displayed.
- Review algorithm can be unpredictable, not all reviews will be displayed.
- Reserves the right to terminate your listing at any for any reason.
- Advertised as free, but charges unfair prices for results.
Neighbourlink Reviews as an alternative.
- Established as a trusted review authority for years.
- Neighbourlink backlinks provide a lot of SEO value.
- Users can leave honest reviews only.
- Business can dispute dishonest reviews and report bullying (this is taken seriously).
- Donates a part of the profits to charity as ways of giving back to the community.
So which one should you be focussing on?
For now the answer is: Both!
While Google is winning over the public slowly with its seemingly unbiased treatment of reviews, it is not fast enough. Some people still consider Neighbourlink a more honest place for reviews, and for good reason. Neighbourlink strongly focuses on honest reviews, while Google reviews is just a small part of the Google empire. Report it here if you have a dishonest review on your existing listing and Neighbourlink will investigate the matter accordingly.
So support your local business and community and list your business on Neighbourlink.